Monday, May 26, 2014

high school cinderella

words are hard....
hold on.
let me think about what i'm saying.
i'm saying.... umm i'm saying that i think...

i think that "A Cinderella Story" with Hilary Duff has ruined me.
and that high school has failed me.

I would always watch it growing up. I always that that because she was Lizzie McGuire and my name was Lizzy that i would be like her (at least in the movie). I also though that high school would be just like the movie too.

It hurts that i was so wrong.

everything that i wanted, well just expected to happen hasn't.

I thought i'd have best friends that were boys. I though i'd be asked to dances. I thought i'd have a job. I thought i'd have a beat up car. I thought i'd have a boyfriend and he'd be a star of the football team and we'd get into a fight and i'd yell at him in the boys locker room before the big game and then he'd run off the field and kiss me during the game, just like in the movie. Yeah.. that didn't happen, not even close. and #5 could care less if i was dead or alive. I thought I'd wear his jersey to his games. I thought senior prom would be magical. I thought high school was the glory days. I thought that graduation would be the start to a happily ever after.


i guess it was just a silly thought.



1 comment:

  1. The funny thing is, I think everyone secretly wishes high school was more like that.

    ReplyDelete