Sunday, May 11, 2014

I remember

i remember sunny days. i remember the ice cream truck. i remember freshly cut grass and car washes with my dad. i remember sitting in the big blue chair with my two older sisters. i remember when my hips would hurt cuz we all couldn't fit but no one wanted to leave. i remember singing "someday we'll know"in the car. I remember making music videos and dancing in front of the kitchen window at night. i remember car trips where i would pass the message from my sister melis to my dad to "pump it up!" i remember "toothless." i remember jumpoing on the tramp with the sprinkler underneath. i remember selling lemonade. i remember pigs. i remember "there was a girl, she lived in new york ci-tay!" i remember  eat the ground and the silders are coming and tickle fights. i remember painting. i remember my elementary love. i remember the first time i hated wearing shorts. i remember my sister's wedding day eve and laying in bed with her for the last time. i remember the first i was called white- not just white, but i was white white. i remember mei mei. i remember when Tillie was born. i remember biting my arm cuz i liked the marks. i remember the hugs. i remember the tears. i remember.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautifully nostalgic. "Someday we'll know" I love it.

    ReplyDelete