Sunday, March 23, 2014

what my bones said

i don't know what my bones would say if they could speak to me. But i know what my heart would say. my heart would say "don't you let go of him." my heart would say "cuddle." my heart would say "just kiss him." my heart would say "buy a ticket and leave today. "

but my brain would say "this relationship is going no where. you're wasting your time." my brain would say "no one would cuddle with you." my brain would say "stop dreaming. he's not going to kiss you." my brain would say "you have no money. you have no where to go. you have no where to stay." my brains would sound a lot like my parents.

i can't hear my bones.
and i can hardly hear my heart.
maybe it's because my brain is too loud and it has an echo from the people that surround me.

my brain. it's the only one i can hear.

2 comments:

  1. " my brains would sound a lot like my parents." love this.

    Also, Just go for it. You don't wanna lose him and never know what could've been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple. Beautiful. The truth. I had it on my list of top 5 posts and then it got bumped. I'm sorry. But I thought you should know how close it was.

    (I shouldn't have said anything.)

    ReplyDelete